February 14, 2017
Best Of Both Worlds Kale Caesar
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
This fresh take on Caesar salad was created in honor of our 30th anniversary.
Find more classic House & Home recipes here.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Wash kale, and remove and discard thick ribs. Dry thoroughly and tear kale into bite-size pieces. You’ll have about 8 cups lightly packed.
- Place avocado, garlic, anchovy fillets, lemon juice and honey in blender. Purée, scraping down as needed.
- With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until smooth.
- Blend in Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chop bread into pea-sized pieces.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add chopped bread and nuts to pan. Cook, stirring, until nuts and bread are golden and toasted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add vegetable oil to small pot over high heat.
- Pat capers dry. When oil is hot, drop capers into oil and cook until capers splay open and are crispy, about 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon onto paper towel-lined plate.
- Scrape dressing into a large bowl. Add kale and toss thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Toss in half of breadcrumb mixture and half of capers. Transfer salad to platter and scatter with remaining crumble and capers, and more grated Parmesan.