Big Batch Rangpur Rickey CocktailRecipe By: Maya Gohill & Cody Willis
This refreshing pitcher cocktail also makes a delicious non-alcoholic beverage — just mix the Cardamom and Lime Syrup with lime juice and soda.
Cardamom and Lime Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- Zest of 1 lime
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- Small pinch saffron
- 1 cup gin
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup Cardamom and Lime Syrup
- 4 dashes cardamom bitters (Scrappy’s recommended)
- Kaffir lime leaves, for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 cups soda
Plan Ahead: The syrup needs at least 30 minutes to cool and infuse
- In small pot over medium heat, combine sugar, water, cardamom pods, zest and lime leaves. Bring to a simmer, stirring as needed, to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Add saffron and let stand for 30 minutes, or until cooled to room temperature. Strain syrup and discard flavorings. Set aside.
- In large pitcher, combine gin, lime juice, Cardamom and Lime Syrup and bitters. Add ice and kaffir lime leaves, and stir well to chill. Top with soda, stir and serve.