May 17, 2019
Peas And Fried Paneer Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
For this recipe, you can make everything in advance, but fry the paneer and add it to the salad at the last minute so it will still be warm when served.
Yield: Serves 4
- Whisk mayonnaise and buttermilk together. Add dill, mint, cilantro, shallot and chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, and fill medium mixing bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- To boiling water add asparagus and blanch for 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to ice water. Repeat with snap peas, blanching for 1 minute, or until bright green, and transfer to ice water. Repeat with peas, blanching for 1 minute, then draining pot and transferring peas to ice water. Lay vegetables on paper towel–lined tray to dry.
Fry Paneer And Assemble Salad
- Heat oil in nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Season paneer with salt and fry, turning with tongs, for 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
- On serving plate, top bed of lettuce with blanched asparagus, snap peas, peas, radishes and paneer, and drizzle with dressing.