May 17, 2019
Grilled Lamb Kebabs With Mint Raita
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
If you can’t cook these kebabs over a charcoal grill, cook them on the stove in a well-oiled cast-iron pan on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
Yield: Serves 4
Plan Ahead: Make Mint Raita at least 4 hours ahead for flavors to combine.
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, onion, mint and garlic, and season with cumin, cayenne pepper and salt, to taste. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight, to allow flavors to combine.
- In medium bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and turmeric.
- Add onion, mint, garlic, ginger, cilantro, raisins and pine nuts, and mix until combined.
- Add ground lamb, season with salt and pepper and combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Shape the meat into eight 4-inch to 6-inch long logs and thread onto 3 to 4 metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Light a charcoal grill and allow to heat up for 10 minutes.
- Cook kebabs on cooler side of grill for 5 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Move kebabs to hotter side, and continue cooking for 3 more minutes, until well browned on all sides and cooked through. Serve with Mint Raita.