Chocolate Vegan WafflesRecipe By: Tori Wesszer
Who says waffles can’t be healthy? Try this delicious vegan recipe from registered dietitian and food blogger Tori Wesszer of Fraiche Nutrition.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (or flour substitute of choice)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 scoops fermented vegan proteins+ (chocolate)
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup cane or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ¼ cups chocolate hazelnut or almond milk
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted (or liquid) coconut oil
- Coconut whip
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries
Directions Yield: Makes 6
- Heat waffle iron.
- Mix together flour, corn starch, fermented vegan proteins+, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk in medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine non-dairy milk, vinegar, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spray waffle iron with oil and cook waffles according to your waffle iron directions.
- Serve with coconut whip, maple syrup and fresh berries if desired.