Cinnamon French Toast “Soufflé”
Serve this fragrant treat straight from the oven, where it puffs up beautifully. Bake it in muffin tins for easy-to-serve individual portions.
French Toast Bake
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- Icing sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1 cup syrup.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional 1/2 cup maple syrup, if desired.
- To bake individual servings as shown, line a 12-muffin tin with parchment liners, and divide melted butter and filling accordingly.
Find more easy brunch recipes in the H&H Party Planning Guide.