Leek, Onion & Egg Tart
An elegant leek, onion and egg tart offers a lighter take on quiche and can be doubled easily for a larger crowd.
- 1 can Pillsbury Original Crescents
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 small white or yellow onion, halved and sliced 1/4″-thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large or 2 small leeks, washed thoroughly and sliced 1/2″-thick
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère or aged white cheddar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup washed and roughly chopped dill
Directions Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Heat oil or butter in a small sauté pan and add onions and half the salt. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add leeks with remaining salt, stir for 1 minute, then lower heat and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until leeks are softened and onion has caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough into 1 large rectangle on baking sheet; press into a 9″ x 13″ rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Fold edges over 1/2″ to form edges on crust. Bake 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. You may need to gently pierce any bubbles in the pastry to deflate. Sprinkle cheese over base, top with leeks, and create 4 small “wells” for the eggs. Gently crack one egg into each “well.”
- Place back in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until egg whites are set.
- Top with fresh dill and serve immediately.
Find more easy brunch recipes in the H&H Party Planning Guide.