August 20, 2015
Classic Peruvian Ceviche
Yield: Serves 3
- To make citrus marinade, whisk together lemon, lime and mandarin juices, vinegar and salt in bowl; add coriander roots, if using. Transfer to fridge until ready to use.
- Thinly slice scallions and soak in bowl of iced water at least 10 minutes. (This results in a milder flavour and crispier texture.)
- Add snapper to chilled citrus marinade. Marinate in fridge 20 minutes.
- Bring medium pot of water to boil. Blanch celeriac for 30 seconds. Immediately plunge into ice bath to prevent further cooking.
- Strain fish from marinade, reserve both.
- To make dressing, combine blanched celeriac, celery, green apple, piquillo, cayenne and Espelette peppers, 1 tbsp reserved marinade and drizzle olive oil. Season with celery salt and white pepper.
- Season marinated snapper with salt, pepper and citrus zests. Add chopped chives and cilantro.
- Divide snapper between 3 medium soup bowls. Add 2 tbsps dressing to each bowl. Garnish with cilantro and celery leaves and drizzle of florally extra-virgin olive oil.