Cucumber-Basil SmashRecipe By: Kimberley Newport-Mimran
This verdant cocktail is like a garden party on ice. For best results, try adding Hendrick’s, a Scottish gin flavoured with Damask roses and cucumber (but any brand will do the trick).
- 1⁄2 mini cucumber, sliced
- 1 sprig basil, leaves only
- 4 oz. gin, preferably Hendrick’s
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Soda water, chilled
- Lime slices, mini cucumber slices and small basil sprigs (for garnish)
Directions Yield: Serves 2
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle cucumber, basil leaves and gin.
- Add lime juice and simple syrup. Fill with ice. Shake. Strain into 2 12-oz. rocks glasses, dividing evenly. Fill each with ice. Top with soda water. Garnish with lime and cucumber slices and basil sprigs.