David Rocco’s No-Bake CheesecakeRecipe By: David Rocco
Aside from the cookies, this lush, simple cheesecake contains no extra sugar. The ricotta is the star of the cheesecake — use the best and freshest you can find.
- 10 oz. (300g) chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 sheets gelatin
- Scant 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping (35%) cream
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings, to taste
1. Crush cookies using hands or rolling pin until they’re crumbs.
2. Add melted butter and mix well.
3. Press mixture into bottom of 11″ x 7″ pan. Set aside.
4. Place gelatin sheets in small bowl of cold water and let sit about 10 minutes. When softened, gently squeeze soaked gelatin to remove excess water.
5. In saucepan, bring milk to boil. Reduce heat, add gelatin and simmer, stirring, until gelatin dissolves.
6. Remove pan from heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature.
7. In bowl, with whisk or electric mixer, whip cream until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
8. In separate bowl, whip together ricotta and yogurt until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and milk mixture until combined.
Assemble And Chill Cake
9. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Shave chocolate over top to completely cover. Let sit in fridge 6 to 8 hours to set.