Donna Hay’s No-Knead Seeded Morning BreadRecipe By: Donna Hay
- 3⅓ cups water
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 6 cups white spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup linseeds (flax seeds)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- butter, to serve
Directions Yield: Makes 1 Loaf
- Place the water, yeast, maple syrup and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the flour, linseeds and sunflower seeds and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn out the dough onto a surface dusted with flour and fold over the edges to form a rough round loaf. Place the dough in a clean bowl dusted with flour. Dust the top of the dough with flour and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow to stand for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 480°F. Heat a large heavy-based cast-iron saucepan in the oven for 30 minutes or until very hot. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and dust with flour. Slide the dough into the hot pan.
- Using a small sharp knife, score the top of the dough with a cross pattern. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake for 40–45 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 425°F, remove the lid and bake, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Slice the bread and serve warm with butter.