Fresh Green Goddess DressingRecipe By: Eshun Mott
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
A modern take on the classic dressing, this light, fresh version uses tahini instead of mayonnaise and a combination of mint and dill instead of the usual tarragon.
- 1 cup packed Italian parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus more if needed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- Salt, to taste
Directions Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- In blender, combine parsley, mint, dill, chives, garlic, tahini, oil and water. Process until herbs have been finely chopped. Add lemon juice, zest, vinegar and sugar, and process to combine.
- Thin with extra water to desired consistency and season with salt, to taste. Serve with crunchy baby lettuces, cucumbers or crudités.