Glazed Pumpkin Spice Monkey BreadRecipe By: Pillsbury
Glazed pumpkin spice monkey bread offers a new twist on coffee cake. The taste is rich and warm, with flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves — perfect for a cosy brunch.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™ pumpkin spice rolls with icing
- 1/3 cup chopped unwrapped caramels or caramel bits
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter 15-cup fluted tube cake pan. Place granulated sugar in resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Separate dough from all cans into 15 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters to make 60 pieces. Place about 15 roll pieces in bag with sugar; shake to coat.
- Arrange pieces in pan. Top with one-third of chopped caramels and pecans. Repeat layers ending with roll pieces.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave butter on High until melted. Stir in brown sugar. Pour over roll pieces.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool in pan 15 to 20 minutes. Place cooling rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan.
- Spoon icing into small microwavable bowl. Microwave on High a few seconds or until icing can be poured. Pour over monkey bread. To serve, pull apart pieces of bread.
For a year-round version of this ooey gooey monkey bread, use Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing.
Chocolate chunks or chips could be used instead or in addition to the caramel pieces.