Grapefruit Gin FizzRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Natural grapefruit soda is made with real juice and has no artificial colors or flavors. To get started visit your local food store and select supermarkets. For best results, try San Pellegrino, a popular brand used.
- 1 sprig tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 11⁄2 oz. gin
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 oz. Ruby Red grapefruit juice, chilled
- Natural grapefruit soda, chilled
- Ruby Red grapefruit slices, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 1
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tarragon, gin, lime juice and salt. With the handle of a wooden spoon or a muddler, muddle (lightly bash up and down) 30 seconds. Half fill with ice. Shake.
- Strain into a 12-oz. highball glass. Fill with ice. Add grapefruit juice. Top with grapefruit soda. Stir. Garnish with tarragon and grapefruit slices.