Grilled Tuna Tacos With Guacamole And Red CabbageRecipe By: Michael Graydon
These tacos are fabulous made with just about any fish, grilled, baked or fried.
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp tomato, diced
- 2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce or other hot sauce
- 6 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 lb. tuna steaks, cut 1″ thick
- 12 6″corn or flour tortillas
- Cilantro leaves (for garnish)
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- To make guacamole, combine onion and lime juice in a medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Halve, pit and scoop flesh of avocadoes into bowl. Coarsely mash with potato masher. Stir in rest of ingredients. Press plastic wrap against surface. Set aside.
- Place cabbage, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss, cover and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high; oil grates. Season tuna with salt and pepper. Grill until rare, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice against the grain.
- Warm tortillas by grilling each 5 seconds per side, or microwaving in a stack, covered, for 20 to 30 seconds on high. Lay tortillas out on a counter and smear a blob of guacamole in the centers. Divide tuna among them. Top with red cabbage and a few cilantro leaves.