October 22, 2018
Lemon And Roasted Cherry Trifle
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 day, including resting time
Most of the components of this trifle can be made the day ahead. When choosing your trifle vessel, make sure it can hold at least 8 cups.
Yield: Serves 8
Make Lemon Curd
- In medium saucepan, add lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, eggs and egg yolks, and whisk to combine. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and salt, stirring, until fully incorporated.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice cherries in half. In bowl, toss cherries with sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- On baking sheet lined with parchment, place cherries and their juices in a single layer, close together. Bake for 15 minutes until softened. Remove from oven and let cool.
Make Trifle Components
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream and icing sugar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Spread ladyfingers on tray and drizzle with Amaretto. Let sit until Amaretto is absorbed.
- Stir mascarpone cheese into lemon curd.
- Working in stages, add a few spoonfuls of cream mixture and lemon mixture to bottom of dish. On top, layer 6 ladyfingers and some roasted cherries.
- Repeat layers, finishing with cream and cherries. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.