Claudio Aprile’s Lobster Carpaccio RecipeRecipe By: Claudio Aprile
- 1 lb. fresh lobster
- 1 passion fruit, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 blood orange, halved
- 1/2 oz. chilled champagne (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 heaping tbsp smoked roe
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Crunchy peas for garnish
- Thai basil for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 2
- Cook 1 lb. of lobster for 4 minutes, remove from boiling water and shock in ice water bath. Remove shell (watch this video for simple steps), and slice lobster into thin pieces. Arrange “carpaccio” pieces in the centre of a chilled bowl.
- Cut 1 passion fruit in half and remove juice and pulp into a stainless steel bowl. Whisk in olive oil, and squeeze half a blood orange into the bowl. Reserve the other half of the blood orange for garnish.
- Pour dressing over sliced lobster. Pour chilled champagne over dressed lobster, sprinkle with sea salt and add smoked roe. Garnish with some edible flowers, blood orange segments, crunchy peas and thai basil.