Lynn Crawford’s Pear And Blue Cheese Salad With Tamarind VinaigretteRecipe By: Lynn Crawford
Try this recipe for Pear And Blue Cheese Salad With Tamarind Vinaigrette from celebrity chef Lynn Crawford’s cookbook Farm To Chef: Cooking Through The Seasons.
This salad has bold flavors — bitter, sweet, salty and just a hint of a bright, citrusy tang from the vinaigrette. The tamarind is the secret ingredient and really enhances the flavors in this salad. Not only wonderful in this dish, tamarind is a fantastic addition to curries, marinades, desserts and even cocktails.
- ½ cup pressed sweet pear cider
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
Pear And Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large red Anjou pears, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 cups frisée leaves
- ½ cup mixed seedless grapes
- ¼ cup toasted walnut halves
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Make The Tamarind Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider, olive and walnut oils, tamarind paste and honey until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Prepare The Pear And Blue Cheese Salad
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add pear slices and cook until golden on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Place frisée, grapes and walnuts in a large bowl and toss with 1/3 cup Tamarind Vinaigrette. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad onto plates and top each with pear wedges. Garnish with blue cheese and serve.