Make-Ahead Chocolate SoufflesRecipe By: Pheona Wright
Whip up the batter, fill the ramekins and refrigerate for an easy and decadent oven-ready dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, diced, plus more for ramekins
- 21⁄2 tbsp granulated sugar, plus more for ramekins
- 7 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 5 large egg whites
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Generously butter 8 4-oz. ramekins. Sprinkle with sugar, tapping out excess.
- In heatproof bowl fitted over pan of gently simmering water, melt chocolate and 1⁄2 cup butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in cocoa and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and 21⁄2 tbsp sugar until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until combined. Spoon batter into ramekins until they are about 85 per cent full. Smooth out tops. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place ramekins on baking tray. Bake until puffed, 10 minutes. Serve immediately.