Mediterranean Seafood With Crunchy Herbed Breadcrumbs
With its evenly distributed heat, the ActiFry cooks delicate seafood to perfection with no guesswork. Here, the crisp crumb topping — also prepared in the ActiFry — is an elegant new take on classic deep fried seafood fritto misto.
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, store-bought or homemade
- 2 ActiFry spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp capers
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb squid, cleaned and cut into 1 by 2-3″ pieces
- ¾ lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 shallot, sliced very thin
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- Breadcrumbs, lemon wedges, chili flakes and mayonnaise (optional)
- Combine ½ cup breadcrumbs, olive oil, capers and garlic in the ActiFry and cook for 4 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and crumbs are golden brown. Remove from the ActiFry without washing bowl, add parsley and allow to cool.
- Add seafood and shallots to residual oil in ActiFry bowl.
- Cook about 10 to 14 minutes or until seafood has lost its translucency and is cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Spread arugula on a serving platter and top with slightly cooled seafood. Sprinkle liberally with breadcrumbs, and serve with lemon and mayonnaise if desired. Sprinkle with chili flakes to taste.