Miku’s Sweet & Spicy Japanese CocktailRecipe By: Courtesy of Miku Toronto
“Sweet and fruity juxtaposed with a sharp spice and kick of alcohol, this cocktail is a more concentrated twist on the classic El Diablo. The rich texture and fiery aroma are balanced with a smooth citrus finish,” says Stephen Whiteside, Beverage Director at Japanese restaurant Miku.
- 750 ml bottle of tequila
- 2 serrano peppers
- 3 lime wedges
- 30 ml serrano-infused tequila
- 20 ml Giffard ginger liqueur
- 20 ml crème de cassis
- 1 lime wheel for garnish
- Cloves for garnish
- Slice 2 serrano peppers per bottle of tequila.
- Add tequila and serrano peppers to an airtight non-reactive container for 24 hours.
- Strain out serrano peppers.
- Muddle lime wedges in double-rocks glass.
- Add ice to top.
- Add serrano-infused tequila, ginger liqueur and crème de cassis.
- Stir to mix.
- Stud lime wheel with cloves and use to garnish cocktail.