March 14, 2017
Mimi Thorisson’s Salted Butter Chocolate Cake
Try this recipe for Salted Butter Chocolate Cake from French food blogger Mimi Thorisson’s cookbook, French Country Cooking: Meals And Moments From A Village In The Vineyards.
Yield: Serves 6
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- Pour an inch or two of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set on top of the pan of simmering water. Stir until the butter and chocolate are melted. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, sift the flour and add the fleur de sel.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Add the vanilla. Fold in the flour until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before unmolding. Serve topped with berries, if desired, and a sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar.
Photography copyright © Oddur Thorisson.
Excerpted from French Country Cooking: Meals and Moments from a Village in the Vineyards by Mimi Thorisson. Copyright © 2016 Marie-France Thorisson. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.