October 17, 2016
Pappardelle Al Limone With Zucchini Ribbons And Shrimp
Preserved lemon adds a nice hit of salty brininess against the fresh lemon juice. You can buy them at most grocery stores. Make this dish vegetarian by omitting the shrimp and adding in one extra zucchini.
Yield: Serves 4
Mix Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- Whisk 1⁄2 cup olive oil with lemon juice, preserved lemon and lemon zest in medium- size bowl and set aside.
Make Zucchini Ribbons
- Slice off and discard zucchini ends. Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini into long ribbons, turning zucchini as needed. Reserve.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pink and cooked through.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to plate and reserve.
Heat Sauce And Sauté Zucchini
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add lemon sauce mixture to skillet. When it begins to simmer, add zucchini and cook gently for 2 minutes until al dente.
Finish And Plate Pasta
- Drop pappardelle pasta into boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until al dente.
- Scoop 1⁄2 cup pasta water into a bowl and set aside.
- Drain pasta, then add to skillet with lemon sauce and zucchini and toss to coat. Return shrimp to pan to reheat. Remove pan from heat and toss in Parmesan and ricotta. Continue tossing pasta, adding reserved pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed, to loosen sauce, up to 1⁄2 cup. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and toss together. Season with salt and lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Divide pasta between plates or bowls and garnish with lemon zest, more Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.