Parsley Fennel PestoRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Pair this recipe with Maple-Glazed Fresh Ham.
- 2 tsp whole fennel seed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions Yield: Makes 1 Cup
- In spice grinder, grind 2 tsp whole fennel seed. Place in bowl with 1 clove garlic minced, 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley and 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix. Transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate up to 3 days. When ready to serve, bring to room temperature and stir in 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice.