Pomegranate Rum PunchRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Garnish this punch with orange, mint and pomegranate seeds for a festive look and extra hit of flavor. Best of all, you can make an alcohol free version for everyone to enjoy at your next party. See details below.
- 1⁄4 cup simple syrup
- 6 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Campari
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 11⁄2 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 3 trays ice cubes
- 1 750-mL bottle dry sparkling wine, such as Cava chilled
- 6 thin slices orange
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves
To make an alcohol-free version of this drink, pour 1⁄2 oz. lime juice and 1 oz. of pomegranate juice into an ice-filled highball glass. Top with ginger ale and garnish with an orange slice. Simple syrup is equal volumes of sugar and water heated until the sugar dissolves.
- In punch bowl or other large glass bowl, stir together simple syrup, lime juice, Campari, rum and pomegranate juice.
- Add ice cubes. Slowly pour in sparkling wine. Add orange slices, pomegranate seeds and mint. To serve, ladle into rocks (lowball) glasses.