Prawn CevicheRecipe By: Ned Bell
- 1 lb. prawns, peeled, deveined, diced into approx. 1⁄2″ cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded but skin on, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 1⁄8 cup red onion or shallots, diced
- 3 tbsp chives or green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp jalapeños, diced (or 1 tbsp chili flakes)
- Juice of 3 limes, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 to 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp full-fat coconut milk (optional)
- Guacamole, to serve
- Crispy wontons, corn chips or crackers, to serve
Directions Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Bring small pot of water to boil and blanch prawns 15 to 20 seconds (just until they turn pink). Immediately plunge into ice bath to prevent further cooking.
- Combine remaining ingredients, add blanched prawns and marinate in fridge 10 minutes.
- Taste ceviche, seasoning with sea salt, pepper and extra lime juice, if needed.
- Divide among 3 large bowls and serve family-style in middle of table with guacamole and crispy wontons, corn chips or crackers.