November 21, 2017
Pumpkin, Chestnut & Chorizo Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
Prepare Ancho Chili
- Soak chili in 3 cups boiling water 10 minutes.
- Drain. Remove and discard seeds and stem.
Assemble And Cook Vegetables, Chorizo And Seasonings
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and chorizo, and cook 4 minutes or until vegetables begin to sweat and soften.
- Add thyme, cumin, coriander seed and fennel seed, and cook 1 more minute or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, chestnuts, saffron, tomatoes, chicken broth and vinegar, plus soaked ancho chili. Bring to simmer and cook until vegetables are tender and soup is flavorful, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Blend Soup And Serve
- Using immersion blender, pulse to coarse, semi-chunky texture.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with crumbled cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds and drizzle of olive oil.