Quinoa With Apples And CashewsRecipe By: Graham Elliot
Celebrity chef Graham Elliot shares his recipe for Quinoa With Apples And Cashews from his cookbook Cooking Like A Master Chef.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups red quinoa
- 4 apples (such as honeycrisp, empire or mutus), unpeeled, cored and diced
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chopped toasted cashews
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp flat-leafed parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 ½ tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, toast the quinoa for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Add 3 cups of hot water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the heat and let the quinoa stand for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and add the apples, apple juice, lemon juice and vinegar. Set aside for about 15 minutes to give the flavors time to develop.
- Add the cashews, shallot, parsley, chives and tarragon and toss to mix. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or let the quinoa cool to room temperature before serving.