Raspberry Cream Cheese PastriesRecipe By: Joyce Stempkowski
The rich, flaky and slightly tangy pastry of these crescents works perfectly with the brightness of the raspberry jam.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 250g bar Philadelphia-style cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cups icing sugar,sifted
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In small bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. In an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth, 1 minute. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add dry mix until combined. Divide dough in 3. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion to 12 inch square, about 1⁄8 inch thick. Using pizza cutter, cut dough into 2 inch squares. (Gather, chill and reroll scrap.) Place squares on parchment-lined baking trays. Place 1⁄2 teaspoons of jam in centers. Fold one corner to center. Dab folded corner with egg. Fold opposite corner on top, pressing down lightly. Cover tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
4. Bake until lightly golden at edges, 12 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 5 days.