April 11, 2017
Roman-Style Puttanesca Pizza
White anchovies (or boquerones) are cured in vinegar then packed in oil. They’re far less salty than typical anchovies and can be found at better fishmongers.
Yield: Serves 2 as an appetizer
- Place baking stone on bottom rack of oven. Preheat oven to 500°F for 30 minutes.
- On floured work surface, roll and stretch dough to form a thin rectangle. Generously sprinkle pizza peel with semolina. Place dough on peel.
- Spread sauce evenly on dough, leaving 1⁄3″-wide rim uncovered. Brush rim with oil. Top pizza with olives and capers.
- Using peel, move pizza to oven, and with one quick jerk, slide pizza onto stone. Cook until crust is browned, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove pizza with peel.
- Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with anchovies and parsley. Serve with scissors for cutting.
House & Home March 2014