School-Safe Chocolate Snack BallsRecipe By: Laura Keogh and Ceri Marsh
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Try this recipe for School-Safe Chocolate Snack Balls from The School Year Survival Cookbook, written by Laura Keogh and Ceri Marsh of The Sweet Potato Chronicles.
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw and unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
Directions Yield: Makes about 12 balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the dried apricots, 1/4 cup of the coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and cocoa until the mixture is crumbly. Add the honey and coconut oil and process again until a sticky, uniform dough is created.
- Place the remaining coconut on a plate. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball with wet hands. Roll in coconut and place on the baking sheet; continue with the remaining dough. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.