July 14, 2015
Sea Bream Ceviche
Yield: Serves 2
- Season sea bream in medium mixing bowl with salt and garlic. Toss and let sit 5 minutes.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in second medium bowl. Reserve 1⁄4 of marinade, and add rest to bowl with sea bream. Marinate fish in fridge 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 350°F in frying pan. Fry leeks about 1 minute, until crispy. Transfer leeks to paper towel-lined plate; season with salt.
- Remove fish from fridge and add peppers to taste, red onion, small handful each cilantro and mint, reserving some leaves for garnish. Toss gently.
- Add reserved marinade and avocado to fish mixture. Gently toss again. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Top with fried leeks and garnish with remaining cilantro and mint leaves. Serve with extra chilis if desired.