Smoky Bloody MaryRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
The smoky hints from the mezcal combined with the freshness of lime and cilantro and the savoriness of the tomato juice make this a smooth and satisfying cocktail.
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime wedge
- 1.5 oz (45 mL) mezcal
- 4 oz (120 mL) tomato juice
- 1 cilantro sprig, torn into pieces
- 1 oz (30ml) lime juice
- Dashes of jalapeno hot sauce to taste
- Combine salt and chili powder in a small bowl. Moisten one side of a martini glass rim with lime juice wedge then dip in chili salt to coat.
- Combine mezcal, tomato juice, lime, cilantro and hot sauce in an ice-filled shaker. Shake gently until combined and chilled through. Strain into rimmed glass. Garnish with 2 olives on a skewer.