February 13, 2020
Squash Crostini With Whipped Ricotta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
If you’re having a hard time finding delicata squash, just substitute with acorn squash.
Yield: Serves 8 to 12
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into 1⁄2″-thick half rings,then cut each piece in half again.
- In bowl, mix together maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange squash on baking sheet and brush with maple mixture. Roast for 7 to 11 minutes, flipping once, until pieces are caramelized and tender. Set aside.
Toast Crostini And Make Whipped Ricotta
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for about 5 minutes per side.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta with milk, cinnamon and pinch each of salt and pepper, and beat with whisk until light and fluffy.
Fry Sage Sage And Assemble
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Working with a few leaves at a time, add sage to pan and fry for 30 seconds, until crispy but not burnt. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- To serve, smear ricotta on slices of toasted baguette. Add overlapping pieces of squash, drizzle with remaining olive oil, fried sage and fleur de sel.