Sparkling Rhubarb-Infused ProseccoRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Tart and sparkly with a nice hit of citrus, fresh rhubarb compote adds a pretty blush to your favorite Prosecco. Pair together with your very own DIY cheese board and really surprise guests at your next BBQ party.
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen (thawed) rhubarb, cut into 1” chunks
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- Prosecco, cava or champagne, chilled
- Place rhubarb, sugar and zest in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer for 3 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- Let mixture cool slightly. Using an immersion blender, blend for about 30 seconds until mixture is smooth and all pulp is removed. Let compote cool completely.
- To serve: place a spoonful of compote into the bottom of a stemmed glass. Fill the glass halfway with sparkling wine, stir to blend, then top with more bubbly.
Serve sparkling wine with a seasonal fruit purée as guests arrive for a festive start to the meal