October 23, 2014
Tahini Salmon with Zucchini “Noodles”
Lemony tahini sauce plays the perfect foil to rich salmon, while zucchini ribbons, quickly sautéed with garlic and chili, are a fun way to enjoy this verdant vegetable.
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place fish on parchment-lined baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare rest of dish.
- To make sauce, place tahini in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in rest of ingredients. Season.
- On a mandolin fitted with julienne attachment, cut zucchini lengthwise to get long strips, rotating until you reach the core. (Save cores for stock.)
- Bake salmon until just cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. While salmon is cooking, heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chili. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add zucchini. Raise heat to high. Cook, stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season.
- To serve, divide zucchini noodles among 4 plates. Top with salmon. Drizzle with tahini sauce.
House & Home March 2014