Thai Pandan Leaf Iced TeaRecipe By: Nuit Regular
Chef Nuit Regular of popular Thai restaurants Sukothai, Khao San Road, Sabai Sabai, Pai and Kiin, shares her recipe for Pandan Leaf Iced Tea.
Pandan leaves can be found at any Asian grocery store. If you’re having trouble finding dried butterfly pea flowers, they’re easy to buy online.
- 4 cups (1 liter) water
- 1/4 cup dried butterfly pea flowers
- 1 bunch pandan leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup honey
- In small pot over medium heat, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add dried butterfly pea flowers and let simmer until color turns dark blue and flowers no longer have dark purple color. Reserve liquid and discard flowers.
- Using knife, cut 2 stems off pandan leaf bunch and reserve for garnish. Tie remaining pandan leaves in a knot.
- Bring remaining 3 cups of water to boil. Add knotted leaves. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and return liquid to pot. Add honey and allow to cool.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and divide pandas tea between them. Top each with 1/4 cup butterfly pea flower tea. Garnish with reserved pandan leaves.