Watermelon-Tomato Salad With Fresh Mint, Corn & FetaRecipe By: TOBEN Food by Design
One of catering company Toben’s food truck favorites is this refreshing watermelon and tomato salad. With seasonal ingredients like mint, charred corn, feta and basil vinaigrette, it’s a summer staple.
- 2 1/4 cup watermelon, 1-inch diced
- 3/4 cup heirloom red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, julienne long (cut very thin)
- 6 g pickled red finger chili or jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 125 ml basil-cider vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup grilled corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
Basil Cider Vinaigrette (Makes 250 ml)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Basil Cider Vinaigrette
1. In a food processor, combine the basil leaves, smashed garlic clove, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, honey and puree until smooth.
2. Turn off the food processor and scrape down the sides.
3. With the food processor running, slowly stream in the olive oil until vinaigrette is fully emulsified.
4. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and gently mix to combine.
5. Transfer to serving platter or plates and serve immediately.