September 9, 2015
Bulgogi Chicken Quesadillas With Kimchi Salsa ￼
Available at most Asian supermarkets, mirin is a Japanese condiment that’s basically sweetened rice wine. As a substitute, mix three parts sake or white wine with one part sugar.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- To make chicken, whisk together tamari, mirin, sesame oil, honey, garlic and ginger in mixing bowl. Trim and discard fat from chicken.Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add to marinade. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In large nonstick wok or frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken. Stir-fry until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Add onions and sesame seeds. Stir-fry until onions have wilted, 1 minute. Transfer to roasting pan to cool.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble quesadillas, lay out tortillas on work surface. Sprinkle cheese on 1 half of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture. Fold over tortillas to make half moons.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, dry cook quesadillas until lightly browned and cheese has melted, 2 minutes per side. Keep quesadillas warm in low oven as you work.
- Cut into triangles and serve with salsa.