Asparagus & Pancetta Egg Bake
This asparagus and pancetta egg bake combines eggs, bacon and toast in one delectable dish. Round out the meal with a crisp salad. Don’t have asparagus or asiago on hand? Substitute different veggies and cheeses using the measurements below as a guideline.
- 1 can Pillsbury Original Crescents
- 6-8 slices of thinly sliced pancetta
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup blanched asparagus pieces (approx. 2″-long slices)
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- In a hot pan, fry pancetta slices until browned and lightly crisped. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Separate crescent dough into 2 long rectangles. Press rectangles in bottom of ungreased 8″ x 12″ glass baking dish so it comes 1/2″ up sides of dish. (If using an oval gratin dish as in the photo, trim around edges and patch spaces with scraps of crescent dough.)
- In bowl, beat eggs; add milk, asparagus and cheese. Pour into dough-lined pan. Top with fanned pancetta slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.
Find more easy brunch recipes in the H&H Party Planning Guide.