May 3, 2018
Bacon, Eggs And Toast Spaghetti
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Indulgent? Yes! This full-throttle dish has all your favorite breakfast components in one. Crispy bacon, buttery toast and runny eggs are all tossed into spaghetti and topped with a perfect six-minute egg. Feel free to substitute whole wheat pasta for the spaghetti if it makes you sleep better at night.
Yield: Serves 6
- Bring medium pot of water to a rolling boil, then reduce heat slightly to an active simmer. Add eggs and set timer for exactly 6 minutes.
- When 6 minutes are up, remove eggs with slotted spoon and place in ice bath. Let eggs cool fully, then gently remove shells.
Toast Bread And Boil Pasta Water
- Toast bread. Once bread is toasted, chop finely into breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
Prepare Bacon And Breadcrumbs
- Slice bacon into 1⁄4″-wide lardons. Heat 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until bacon is golden and most of the fat has been rendered, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan and transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Discard all but 3 tbsp of bacon fat from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add breadcrumbs. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring until crumbs are golden and crispy. Stir in parsley.
- Spoon breadcrumbs into bowl and reserve. Set skillet aside for later.
- Drop spaghetti into boiling water. Cook until al dente, or according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, cheese and generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Ladle 1⁄2 cup pasta water from pot and reserve. Drain pasta, then add pasta to skillet with onions. Toss to coat noodles with oil.
- Remove skillet from heat and immediately add egg and cheese mixture. Toss until noodles are fully coated. If sauce is too thick, stir in a few tablespoons of pasta water. Add half the reserved bacon and half the breadcrumbs.
- Divide between 6 plates and sprinkle with remaining bacon and breadcrumbs. Top each plate with six-minute egg.
House & Home December 2017
Tags: Brunch mother's day Recipe