August 20, 2015
Big Spanish Salad
This healthy salad is packed with big flavours. Tip: Use cured meat almost like a condiment to make a vegetable-centric dish feel more satisfying.
Yield: Serves 4
- In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, Dijon and vinegar. Gradually whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Rinse and drain beans. Place in bowl. Pat dry with paper towel. Toss with a little dressing. Season with salt, if necessary, and pepper.
- Pat peppers dry with paper towel. Cut into triangular pieces.
- On large serving platter or 4 dinner plates, make a bed(s) of spinach. Sprinkle with beans. Arrange peppers and eggs over top.
- Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Drain on paper towel. Arrange over salad. 6. Drizzle salad with dressing or serve in cruet on the side.