Yuzu–Marinated Cucumber And Radish SaladRecipe By: Matty Matheson
“This dish is fresh and bright from the yuzu and has just enough spice, making it the ultimate summer salad,” says Matty Matheson of this family recipe. Matty notes it only takes a few minutes to prepare. “It goes with anything coming off the grill, including fish, lamb and pork. Rare for salads, this one’s even better the next day,”
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green serrano peppers
- ½ cup yuzu kosho
- ¼ good-quality soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ good-quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- Small, thumb-size knob of ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Half bunch cilantro
- Half bunch mint
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp togarashi
- Wash radishes and remove tops. Cut half of radishes into halves and remaining radishes into quarters.
- Wash cucumber and cut in half lengthwise, leaving skin on. Chop into 1/2-inch dice.
- Cut serrano peppers in half. If you don’t like too much heat, remove seeds with spoon. Thinly slice peppers; wash hands after handling.
- Place radishes, cucumbers and peppers in large mixing bowl.
- Place all marinade ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour half the marinade over cucumbers, radishes and peppers. Toss well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice cilantro and mint into thin strips and toss with salad. Add 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds.
- Spoon salad into serving dish and top with remaining marinade and sesame seeds, and togarashi.