Brûléed Grapefruit With Mascarpone CreamRecipe By: Abbey Sharp
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Brûléed grapefruits make an excellent light finish to a wintry meal.
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or higher)
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1⁄2 tsp pure honey
- 2 red grapefruits, halved and sectioned
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
Directions Yield: Serves 4
Make Mascarpone Cream
- In medium bowl, whip together mascarpone, yogurt, thyme and honey. Set aside.
Brûlée Grapefruits & Serve
- Working with one grapefruit half at a time, pat cut side dry with paper towel or kitchen towel, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Using kitchen torch, immediately heat sugar on top of grapefruit half until melted and beginning to turn dark amber brown. Repeat with remaining grapefruit halves. This could also be done by placing grapefruits under broiler for eight minutes, but watch them carefully as they can burn.
- Serve each grapefruit half with dollop of Mascarpone Cream and sprinkle of thyme leaves.