April 20, 2017
Crispy Korean Fried Chicken In Lettuce Cups
Because it’s made with skinless chicken thighs and only a spoon of oil, this is a much lighter take on a restaurant favourite. The fiery sauce recreates the flavour of gochujang — a fermented Korean chili paste — with readily available ingredients.
Note: If you own the ActiFry Snacking Grill accessory, you can use it in this recipe. It’s great for delicate foods like tempura, schnitzel and more.
Yield: Serves 4 as a main course
- In a bowl or large sealable plastic bag, combine chicken with ginger, Sriracha, fish sauce, sugar, toasted sesame oil, cornstarch and salt until chicken is lightly coated. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 12.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from refrigerator. Combine corn or potato starch and salt in a shallow dish. Dredge half of the chicken pieces in starch mixture, shaking off excess, and place in ActiFry along with 1 ActiFry spoon of oil. Cook for ten minutes, then remove from ActiFry and set on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place both batches of chicken in the ActiFry and drizzle with the honey. Cook for 5 minutes to distribute honey evenly, then sprinkle the sesame seeds overtop and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set out lettuce and garnishes on a platter.
Make Kimchi-Inspired Cabbage Slaw
- Add all ingredients to the ActiFry and cook for 8 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Remove from ActiFry and allow to cool to room temperature.