David Rocco’s LasagnaRecipe By: David Rocco
If using fresh lasagna sheets:
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. When water boils, generously salt it. Working in batches so pot isn’t overcrowded, cook pasta for about a minute, just until tender but still firm. Scoop pasta out of pot and transfer to bowl of cold water. Let pasta sit a minute or two, just until cool enough to handle. Lay it out on clean kitchen towel. Don’t stack cooked sheets to drain; layer on more kitchen towels, if needed. Repeat for all pasta sheets.
If using dried lasagna sheets:
1. Put dried pasta directly into lasagna without boiling; just be sure your Salsa Besciamella is “saucy” or add 1 cup passata (strained, crushed canned tomatoes) to Salsa Besciamella to loosen it (extra liquid will cook sheets as lasagna bakes).
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Cover bottom of lasagna pan with layer of Bolognese Sauce.
4. Put layer of pasta sheets on top of sauce, so they fully cover pan.
5. Top with generous layer of Bolognese Sauce.
6. Add light layer of Salsa Besciamella.
7. Sprinkle evenly with some mozzarella, then some Parmigiano over that.
8. Add another layer of pasta and Bolognese Sauce.