Donna Hay’s Cacao Fudge Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter or coconut oil, slightly softened
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 150g raw cacao chocolate or dark chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra, melted, to serve
Directions Yield: Makes 24
- Preheat oven to 320°F. Place the sugar, butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the cacao, both the flours, the egg and chopped chocolate and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on trays.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with the extra melted chocolate to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.