Easy Eats: Cheesecake In A JarRecipe By: Lora Kirk
Lynn Crawford’s co-chef Lora Kirk of Toronto restaurant Ruby Watch Co. shares an easy cheesecake recipe from her mother, June. These individual cheesecakes are much lighter than the traditional baked version. If you haven’t got any fresh berries, they’re also delicious topped with berry jam.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1 250-g package Philadelphia-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Fresh berries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix crumbs, butter and brown sugar until well combined. Divide evenly among 6 250-mL widemouth mason jars. Press down into even layer in bottom of jar. Place jars on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, whip cream to soft peaks. Transfer to bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Change attachment on mixer to paddle. Add cream cheese and icing sugar to bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Remove bowl from mixer. With rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream in 3 stages until combined. Divide mixture evenly among jars. Smooth out tops with spoon. Cover jars tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Top cheesecakes with fresh berries and serve.