After Eight Shortbread ThinsRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 2 1⁄2 hours, including resting time
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- After Eight chocolates
Directions Yield: Makes 35 to 40 cookies
- Stir rice flour with all-purpose flour and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to large bowl and beat with handheld electric mixer until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Shape into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours or until ready to use.
Cut And Bake Cookies
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one half on lightly floured surface to 1⁄2-cm thickness. Cut dough into 2″-diam. rounds.
- Transfer to baking sheets, about 1″ apart. Bake 8 minutes then rotate pans and bake 8 more minutes. Open oven and top each cookie with one After Eight chocolate. Close oven and bake 1 more minute.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolates.