Fingerling Potato And Pea Salad With Cilantro PestoRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Feel free to make this salad ahead of time, but only add the vinegar right before serving (the acid would cause the peas and pesto to discolor if added earlier).
- 2 lb. small fingerling or mini potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Place potatoes in a medium pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt. Reduce heat to maintain vigorous simmer. Cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain. Spread out on baking tray to cool. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Bring medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas. Cook until tender, 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water. Cool, drain and dry on paper towel.
- To make pesto, in a food processor, combine cilantro, garlic and pine nuts. Pulse until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, peas, pesto and vinegar. Season. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to serving platter.